1. Infiltration Experiment: Test the infiltration rates of different soil types in the arroyo.
2. Water Table Experiment: Build a water table model to explore how water moves through underground geological features.
3. Hydrological Maps of the Santa Fe Region: Explore maps that explain the way that water moves through rock formations underground.
4. Ground Water and Plant Roots: Use the arroyo model from Unit 1 to investigate how plant roots can impact erosion and infiltration.
5. Slowing Runoff Walk: Have students look for evidence of infiltration and plant seeds to help increase the number of native plants growing in the arroyo.